Multi-sensor fusion, information fusion and data fusion are terms that are often used interchangeably to describe the combination of data from multiple sources to provide information that is better than could be obtained from the individual sources alone.
Conekt supplies multi-sensor fusion and tracking algorithms using both commercial off-the-shelf hardware and bespoke real-time embedded solutions. Our embedded solutions often utilise high specification processors and/or Field Programmable Gate Arrays (FPGAs) and enable;
- Reduced measurement uncertainty, including improved accuracy, precision, reliability, lower false/missing detection rate
- Increased measurement coverage (e.g. through combining sensors with different measurement ranges)
- Increased measurement robustness as sensors compensate for each other (e.g. a radar sensor compensating for a video sensor)
- The combination of data from multiple sensors to create new measurements (e.g. by combining a sensor that measures distance to an object with one that provides tracking data)
Conekt’s has applied its multi-sensor fusion expertise to a number of applications including;
- Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS) e.g. multi-sensor fusion for lane change support functions
- Intelligent Transport Systems (ITS) where radar vehicle tracking is fused with image information
- Simultaneous Localisation and Mapping (SLAM) of environments using image data and motion measurements
For more information about Conekt’s data fusion capabilities, please contact us.